Why Southwest Indiana?
Southwest Indiana has a pro-business climate with a low cost of doing business versus other regions in the U.S. We have the 2nd lowest unemployment insurance and property tax rates among Midwest states along with competitive energy rates. The Coalition helps site selectors as well as corporate location consultants find the information they need through a streamlined regional approach to customized data; access to partners in government; and, private industry and workforce development providing an accurate picture of your future successin Indiana’s Great Southwest.
The Coalition strives to grow the region’s economy by working alongside Gibson, Posey, Vanderburgh and Warrick Counties as well as the City of Evansville. Since 2006, the Coalition and its economic partners have collectively garnered over $4.7 billion in investment with over 7,900 jobs to the Southwest Indiana region.
Selected as one of Indiana’s Regional Cities, and receiving $42 million in State matching funding, the region’s redevelopment plan focuses on talent-attraction through unique and transformative projects totaling $926.3 million in combined public and private investments. Included in the list of 18 future projects receiving funding are the addition of research within the new Stone Family Center for Health Sciences medical campus and The Post House, a mixed-use housing development project that will serve as a platform for research and development associated with energy efficiency and “connected” appliances playing into the emerging terminology of the “Internet of Things”.
Southwest Indiana provides a comprehensive approach combining economic and community development providing a quality of place for talent and business.
- Read about tax incentives offered to new and existing business in Southwest Indiana.
- We’ve complied a list of major employers and manufacturers doing business in Southwest Indiana.
- Through our schools, colleges and universities, talent is home grown to benefit regional business and beyond.
- View maps to see Southwest Indiana’s central location – a prime logistics hub.
- The Ports of Indiana – Mt. Vernon is the the 6th busiest inland port in the U.S.
- View the Community Economic Development Strategy for Gibson, Posey, Vanderburgh and Warrick Counties in Southwest Indiana.