Why Southwest Indiana?
Southwest Indiana has a pro-business climate with a low cost of doing business versus other regions in the U.S. We have the 2nd lowest unemployment insurance and property tax rates among Midwest states, along with competitive energy rates. The Coalition helps site selectors as well as corporate location consultants find the information needed through a streamlined regional approach to customized data; access to partners in government; and, private industry and workforce development to provide an accurate picture of your future business in Indiana’s Great Southwest. The Coalition strives to grow the region’s economy by working alongside Gibson, Posey, Vanderburgh and Warrick Counties as well as the City of Evansville. The region has collectively garnered over $4.3 billion in investments and brought over 7,600 jobs to the Southwest Indiana region since 2006.
Recently selected as one of Indiana’s Regional Cities, and receiving $42 million in State matching funding, the region’s redevelopment plan focuses on talent-attraction through unique and transformative projects totaling $926.3 million in combined public and private investments. Included in the list of 12 future projects receiving funding are the addition of research within the new Multi-Institutional Academic Health Science Education and Research Facility and a New Lab for Urban Living, a mixed-use project that will serve as a platform for research and development associated with energy efficiency and “connected” appliances playing into the emerging terminology of the “Internet of Things”.
Southwest Indiana provides a comprehensive approach combining economic and community development providing a quality of place for talent and business.
- Read about tax incentives offered to new and existing business in Southwest Indiana.
- We’ve complied a list of major employers and manufacturers doing business in Southwest Indiana.
- Through our schools, colleges and universities, talent is home grown to benefit regional business and beyond.
- View maps to see Southwest Indiana’s central location – a prime logistics hub.
- The Ports of Indiana – Mt. Vernon is the the 7th largest inland port in the U.S.
- Read the testimonials of businesses that have found success in Southwest Indiana.
- View the Community Economic Development Strategy for Gibson, Posey, Vanderburgh and Warrick Counties in Southwest Indiana.